From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Ink & toner "cold callers"

I'm assuming most of you are like me and in charge of the "consumables" for
your laser copiers/printers/fax machines. How do you have your people trained
to deal with the cold-callers who try to get you to buy the toners?
Mostly, my users are trained to refer the call to me, but it's starting to get
old with upwards of 3 or 4 calls per week and having to tell them "sorry, we're
under a maintenance contract. Goodbye" and hang up. It's 45 seconds to a minute
I'd rather spend reading this list, etc. :)
I thought about emailing my users and telling them that there are only 3 people
who order ink & toner and if the caller doesn't ask for one of us by name, they
aren't our supplier, and that I'd prefer the caller never get passed along; but
I'm afraid that if I do that, someone might go ahead and order toner from
someone other than our normal suppliers. (I don't have a lot of faith in my
"users" :))

[cid:image001.jpg@01CAE60E.2DEA7070][cid:image002....@01cae60e.2dea7070]

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>