> Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>   If Sun Microsystems Inc. would like to begin from scratch with a
>>   complete new project then there is little that can be done right?
>
> Sun has been producing the companion CD for longer than blastwave has
> been around.   It was blastwave that began a complete new project from
> scratch when both sunfreeware and the Sun Companion CD already existed,
> and clearly it was right to not stop blastwave from doing so.

  (1) Neither of those projects were OPEN to anyone other than a Sun
      badge and Steve C.

  (2) Solaris Community people banded together to remedy (1) .

  Also, and this is subtle, no one was in a position to stop Blastwave
  from existing and thriving.  In fact, great piles of help were poured
  in by Sun people and for obvious reasons.  So now we have Sun Inc.
  wanted to begin some open discussions on how best to proceed with a
  community software project that is finally open.

  Feel free to join the mail lists at :

Dennis Clarke