Edward Ned Harvey <solar...@nedharvey.com>
writes:
>> Do you have any linux clients to osol nfs server?
>>
>> If not Matthias, then is there anyone else here who has an osol NFS
>> server with a linux client, where you can show a simple `ls -l' (on
>> the client) in a directory created on the mounted nfs share, by a
>> linux user.
>
> I still think my original answer is the answer for you.  The only
> difference between your system and mine is that my NFS server is
> Solaris, and yours is OpenSolaris.  Since you said you were confused
> by my post, let me try to break it down:

But yet you were unwilling to show the output of ls -l from the linux
client on a mounted NFS directory.. as I requested, preferring to go
into lots of detail about auto mounting.

Its not the mounting that is a problem for me, and in the light usage
scenario of single user machine, auto mount is not a high
requirement... it just isn't an issue.

Its what I see with unix permissions on the created files.

When your linux users create files on a mounted nfs share, do those
files have that users uid gid, or something else?

Can you show a `ls -l (from linux client) on a mounted NFS share.