Robert Thurlow <robert.thur...@sun.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Man, I'm really sorry to the list for all my huffing and puffing when
>> I'm pretty sure I had been claiming I had the right settings in
>> /etc/default/nfs (but didn't).
>
> This makes a lot more sense.  NFSv4 should have worked for
> you if you had the client and server both set to the same
> NFSv4 domain - if you care to work on this, we can.
>
> Rob T

Thanks for the offer.  Is there something NFSv4 offers that would make
it worth doing?

This is a home lan so only light usage.

My domain is a fake homeboy domain that will not resolve on any
nameserver (I don't run a local DNS server).

  `HOST.local.lan'
   192.168.0.NNN

However its there in /etc/hosts, so for internal work, the resolver
looks there first and it seems to fly.