> From: John Plocher [mailto:john.ploc...@gmail.com]
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Edward Ned Harvey
> <solar...@nedharvey.com> wrote:
> >> You do understand that the jive-forum interface he is referring to,
> is
> >> the Opensolaris.org one, don't you?
> >
> > So?
>
> The point was that, even with paid support AND a full time staff of
> several people dedicated to the website, the OpenSolaris jive/mailman
> configuration and interaction is less than perfect, making the
> arguments we've been hearing (and hearing and hearing...) that one
> particular type is obviously better than the other seem pretty stupid.

I think this is out of context or something, cuz I don't know what you're
talking about.  Particularly "that one particular type is obviously better
than the other" ... One particular type of what?  Better than the other
what?  Maybe I'd know what you're talking about if "hearing (and hearing and
hearing)" referenced some other messages?

>  In this case, BOTH the paid software and the open source packages are
> lame and poorly integrated...

What paid software?  What open source packages?  Lame in what way?

> In the one case, you need a vendor who responds with a better product
> that you can use; in the other, you need staff that is motivated and
> capable of adding a desired feature; OS's Jive/Mailman example simply
> shows the failure mode when you don't get what in theory should be
> easy or obvious, for whatever reason....

Sorry, just not getting it.