On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Trajce Nikolov NICK <
trajce.nikolov.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jorge,
>
> I got used to it till now. Thanks. I have a question though. Is there any
> magic to be done in order to see textured models? I tried different models
> and all are displayed without textures (GLES2 sample). Most of the models
> are .ive (should have the texture embedded). Any clue?

First, does the model load correctly (with textures) using normal, desktop
OSG?

Also, make sure that the model doesn't use anything fancy - e.g. the OSG
cow won't load correctly, because it uses some features (cube mapping) not
available on Android. It is best to make a simple textured cube or
something in Blender and export that, to make sure that there aren't any
special things that the Android version doesn't support.

Otherwise it should work - however, if you are using GLES2, your device may
have buggy OpenGL drivers. As it is a low end device, it may not support
everything. For GLES2 the code must use custom shaders and perhaps
something isn't working right - many devices still have a very poor OpenGL
ES 2.0 support. However, the log should be able to tell you about any
OpenGL issues.

Other than that, try GLES1 demo, that one has better chance to work and is
closer to the "normal", "old school" OpenGL (i.e. no shaders are required
for basic things).

Regards,

Jan