Like Pentak, Patek Philippe has had a tough time in the market of late, but is looking forward to a turnaround:

http://www.fhs.ch/en/news/news.php?id=321&PHPSESSID=19d3e81bacbbe71876387544d5b8dce6

Like Douglas Adams, I distain digital watches, but I prefer 50 year old mechanical Breitlings to Patek Philippe.

graywolf wrote:

Another thing to think about, watches are all digital now. Except for some reason there are a few very expensive mechanical watches still made and sold. No, someone who is in the market for a plastic Timex probably never even heard of a Patti-Phillip, but that does not mean there is no market for them.