The K-7 is definitely the best Pentax DSLR I've owned of all in my
Pentax stable which includes the *ist D, *istDS, and K20D.

I highly suspect the exposure accuracy is due to the 77-segment
metering and new alogorithms as opposed to being any attribute of the
sensor.

If the next Pentax top-of-the-line APS-C DSLR is not more than 14.6 MP
they'll be missing the boat IMO.

I'd want a camera that meters like a K-7, has faster AF, and has
higher resolution. Why higher resolution? Simply because I'm not going
to purchase a 3rd 14.6 MP DSLR, and Pentax's top body in this format
should at least match the competition's mid-range offerings.  FF would
be nice... :-)

Tom C.