On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM, DagT <li...@thrane.name> wrote:
> My main problem with FourThirds is that they use a smaller sensor,
> theoretically giving up at least one step in the ISO range, but for what?
> The dslr cameras are larger than the Pentax cameras and they have almost no
> compact lenses so I´m wondering: why the reduced sensor size?
>
> I always liked Olympus, but when they haven´t gained anything in the dslr
> range I suspect that they have been heading toward the microFourThirds all
> the time. The dslr are just an intermediate period. Nice to have when it is
> there, but not something you choose if you plan to use years buying new
> lenses and cameras slowly.

All I can say here is that I think it remarkable that the Olympus E-1
... first released in 2003, sold until 2007 ... still produces
amazingly competitive quality in its photographs today. I still shoot
with it, I bought another new lens for it just this year, and I don't
at this time intend to sell it anytime soon. Photos submitted and
accepted into the last two juried exhibitions I entered were made with
the E-1 and obtained acknowledgement.

The FourThirds SLR lens line is very complete, the pro-grade and
hyper-pro-grade series are as good as you can get, any many people
will be shooting with the E-1, E-3, E-30, E-5 and other bodies for
years to come. The Panasonic L1 was/is another tour de force in camera
design. Despite any reservations with the sensor size at the beginning
of my time using these cameras, their quality and the image quality
they produce evaporated such concerns very quickly.

"... Equipment often gets in the way of Photography. ..."

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com