On 10/23/2010 5:01 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
A pro grade camera has nothing to do with a person being a
professional photographer.

Indeed. I agree with you completely, Godfrey.

A pro grade camera is a camera built to different (higher) standards
of durability and robustness. It's designed to be able to take a
beating in adverse conditions and extended heavy use. Pentax has never
really made pro-grade SLRs in 35mm or digital, although their top of
the line comes close. Nikon's F line and D1, D2, D3 bodies are their
pro bodies, Canon's EOS-1v, 1d, etc are their pro bodies.

Godfrey, for your kind of work - is it really necessary for your gear to be able to take a beating??? I am not implying a defense of Pentax or whatever. I am asking because I thought that you were not doing any kind of photography that can be potentially harmful to your equipment...

Boris