On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM, DagT <li...@thrane.name> wrote:
>> "... Equipment often gets in the way of Photography. ..."
>
> So true. That´s why I concentrate on size, convenience and non-intrusive
> equipment and how it affects the subject rather than pixels, noise and
> impressive features. That´s why I´m a little disappointed by the
> FourThirds-system.

Your statement here is a little baffling. Olympus makes several
different SLR models and three lines of lenses. The E-1, E-3 and E-5
are the professional bodies, which are built very robustly and are
large as a result. The pro and hyper-pro lenses are fast,
weather-sealed and large/heavy as a result.

The E-4xx series bodies are tiny, the E-5xx series and E-6xx series
about the same size as the Pentax K7 from what I've seen of both. The
Olympus consumer grade lenses are quite compact and still good
quality.

And then there's the Pen Micro-FourThirds line if you want very
compact and unobtrusive Olympus cameras. Same size sensor, much
smaller bodies and smaller lenses.

I don't see the problem. Pick the camera that fits your desires. They
all produce excellent quality images. Why complain about Olympus
because the top of the line professional camera and lenses isn't also
ultra-compact ... that doesn't make sense, they have other products
for those that want ultra-compactness.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com