Den 23. okt. 2010 kl. 00.32 skrev Godfrey DiGiorgi:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM, DagT <li...@thrane.name> wrote:
>>> "... Equipment often gets in the way of Photography. ..."
>>
>> So true. That´s why I concentrate on size, convenience and non-intrusive
>> equipment and how it affects the subject rather than pixels, noise and
>> impressive features. That´s why I´m a little disappointed by the
>> FourThirds-system.
>
> Your statement here is a little baffling. Olympus makes several
> different SLR models and three lines of lenses. The E-1, E-3 and E-5
> are the professional bodies, which are built very robustly and are
> large as a result. The pro and hyper-pro lenses are fast,
> weather-sealed and large/heavy as a result.

Listening to them you would expect the pro cameras to be smaller than the
Pentax bodies, but they are not. Why?
In addition they haven´t even tried to make compact lenses to their series
comparable to the DA Limiteds.

 I have been partially Pro, but I just don´t get the "pro argument". Who are
these pros? Sports, features, studio or others? I have friends doing "pro" work
with Canon 450D or 8"x10" cameras so I cannot understand this "pro" issue.

> The E-4xx series bodies are tiny, the E-5xx series and E-6xx series
> about the same size as the Pentax K7 from what I've seen of both. The
> Olympus consumer grade lenses are quite compact and still good
> quality.

But not the same size.

> And then there's the Pen Micro-FourThirds line if you want very
> compact and unobtrusive Olympus cameras. Same size sensor, much
> smaller bodies and smaller lenses.

Sure, when the EVF are good enough.

> I don't see the problem. Pick the camera that fits your desires. They
> all produce excellent quality images. Why complain about Olympus
> because the top of the line professional camera and lenses isn't also
> ultra-compact ... that doesn't make sense, they have other products
> for those that want ultra-compactness.

That´s the point! Why bother? If you assume that Pentax users have considered
these things already there is no need to remind them of it. If there is one
thing Pentaxians know it is that they are outsiders.

Personally I like being an outsider. I would hate dragging a large camera an
lens, or an EVF camera with smaller lens, on my travels. I just hate going into
a shop, a church or anything else first being noticed for the camera and then
asked what I want. It is my way of working, I hate being noticed. It is as
simple as that and the Olympus dslrs is not an option anymore.

It is not a problem for me, not a problem for you but possibly it indicates a
niche for Pentax  because nobody else can give me the same options .-)

DagT