BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }see
my comments
 --
 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Wed 12/04/17  1:59 PM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, List:
 1) ET:  BUT - to be clear, I still see this internal triad as ONE
SET of three irreducible Relations. I suspect that you don't see this
internal triad as made up of Relations, while I still see it that way
- although the bond is so tight that none of the three can be seen as
'individual relations'; i.e., not as THREE Relations.
 Peirce ultimately did not distinguish between the Immediate
Object/Interpretant and their relations to the Representamen when
making the longer lists of trichotomies for Sign classification, and
we now agree that the three of them together (as a triad) constitute
the Sign.  As such, I am inclined to think of them as more analytic
than actual; specifically, as constraints on  how the Sign can
represent its Dynamic Object and determine a Dynamic Interpretant.
 EDWINA: Agreed - more analytic than actual. And agreed, acting as
constraints on HOW the Sign [that internal triad] represents the DO
and determines the DI. But, as constraints - isn't there an aspect of
ACTUAL force/behaviour - within the constraint?
 2) ET:  As to your last question - I think I see what you are
talking about - but, I think the term 'relation' needs more
unpacking.
 Probably so.  Peirce seems to have used "relation" as a close
synonym of "predicate," but I would welcome further suggestions for
what it means to say that a law of nature is a relation and/or that a
relation is a Sign.
 EDWINA: A law is a habit; i.e., operative in Thirdness. I can see
this as a predicate, for 'a proposition can have any number of
subjects but can have but one predicate which is invariably general"
5.151..But what about: ."the interpretant of a proposition is its
predicate" 5.474. This moves the laws, so to speak, which I have
located in the Representamen - to the Interpretant! So- I have no
idea...for I  tend to see the Interpretant as a result of the actions
of the Laws.
 Thanks,
 Jon S.