All very intriguing. It is fascinating in light of this to think of the many
ways that languages choose to divide/classify time.

English, for example, has no morphological future tense (thus one must say
“will go”), though it has morphological past (went) and present tenses (go).
Other languages have as many as five distinct past tenses, one present and one
future (there are many variations, but so far as I know languages will have
more past tenses than future tenses if they have multiples). Other languages
choose not to mark time at all morphologically (e.g. on the verb) and also have
very few words for precise times (e.g. yesterday, today, tomorrow).

There are many attempts/theories of how natural language encodes time/temporal
relations. Peirce’s concept of time has been underexploited (to put it mildly)
in linguistics and clearly the connection of time theory to natural language
tense theories could be quite a fecund area of exploration.

Admitting the orthogonal nature of these remarks to the mainline of discussion,

Dan