Helmut, Dan, list
 Koichiro Matsuno, a bioengineer, and Peircean scholar,  has written
extensively on the notion of time, which he refers to as present,
perfect and progressive [comparable to 1ns,2nd, 3ns]…

        I suggest you google his name, and on for example,
Researchgate.net, you'll find articles dealing with time in
physico-chemical and biological semiosis.

        For example.

        1]How does Time Flow in Living Systems:

        2]Temporality Naturalized [ where "The Schrodinger equation for
quantum mechanics, which is approachable in third-person description,
takes for granted tenseless time that does not distinguish between
different tenses such as past, present and future….

        3] Time from Semiosis: E-series Time for Living systems. " We
develop a semiotic scheme of time, in which time precipates from the
repeated succession of punctuating the progressive tense by the
perfect tense. The underling principle is communication among local
participants. Time can thus be seen as a meaning-making, semiotic
system in which different time codes are delineated....
        4] The Quest for a Unified Theory of Information

        5] Google: Koichiro Matsuno- AltExploit. 'Abstract Expressions of
Time's Modalities

        He is a phenomenal scientist and scholar.

        Edwina
 On Fri 06/03/20  2:31 PM , "Daniel L. Everett"
danleveret...@icloud.com sent:
 All very intriguing. It is fascinating in light of this to think of
the many ways that languages choose to divide/classify time.
 English, for example, has no morphological future tense (thus one
must say “will go”), though it has morphological past (went) and
present tenses (go). Other languages have as many as five distinct
past tenses, one present and one future (there are many variations,
but so far as I know languages will have more past tenses than future
tenses if they have multiples). Other languages choose not to mark
time at all morphologically (e.g. on the verb) and also have very few
words for precise times (e.g. yesterday, today, tomorrow).
 There are many attempts/theories of how natural language encodes
time/temporal relations. Peirce’s concept of time has been
underexploited (to put it mildly) in linguistics and clearly the
connection of time theory to natural language tense theories could be
quite a fecund area of exploration.
 Admitting the orthogonal nature of these remarks to the mainline of
discussion,
  Dan