On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> I most heartily *don't* recommend the Flashpath smartmedia-to-floppy
> adapter.  I have one which worked OK under 2.2, but the company has
> dropped their Linux support and the old driver included a binary-only
> library, so it isn't practical to upgrade it.  Zio is both faster and
> cheaper.

I have the Flashpath MMC and I concur that it is very slow.  I did get it
going reliably in Linux once I wrote the driver's author and got his
patches for mtools.  He decided to do away with the module and integrate
support directly into mtools.  It really boosted the reliability, but
leaves out the ability to use the /dev/fp.

Also, if I use the Windows box (latest Windows driver) to copy files to the
Flashpath it will often corrupt the files.  Isn't that ridiculous?  Still,
the thing was $36 and included a 16MB Card.

--
/* Grown on a Blackberry and carried by a Sparrow. */
/* http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/bb/index.html */