A brief Zio note -- mine arrived about two hours ago, and as of about
ten minutes ago it's working perfectly with my 2.4.14 Linux laptop.
Too bad writing isn't there yet...

I most heartily *don't* recommend the Flashpath smartmedia-to-floppy
adapter.  I have one which worked OK under 2.2, but the company has
dropped their Linux support and the old driver included a binary-only
library, so it isn't practical to upgrade it.  Zio is both faster and
cheaper.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002