Hal DeVore wrote:

>>      Additionally, having to install a large PDB or ebook directly onto
>>external storage is a very attractive option for me, and for some users who
>>I've talked to about it, without having to locate and install third-party
>>software.
>>

>Dunno if there are Linux drivers for such things but most media
>formats have external readers that plug into USB.  I use a ZiO
>SmartMedia reader on Windoze to load up large docs for my
>Visor's MemPlug SmartMedia adapter.  The ZiO cost me < $30 (US).
>
>ZiO:      http://www.microtechint.com
>MemPlug:  http://www.memplug.com
>
>There are dozens of brands of such readers.

I bought a datafab KEMS memorystick reader, it doesn't get recognized by
the usb storage module (perhaps an entry in unusual devices might help).

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 07c4:a107 DataFab Systems, Inc.
  Language IDs: none (cannot get min. string descriptor; got len=-1,
error=84:Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character)
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x07c4 DataFab Systems, Inc.
  idProduct          0xa107
  bcdDevice            6.08
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 3
  bNumConfigurations      1
cannot get config descriptor 0, Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide
character (84)
  Language IDs: none (cannot get min. string descriptor; got len=-1,
error=84:Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character)

Stefan