The ZiO hasn't been useful to me on linux up to 2.4.9 or so, but I
   replaced it with the (more usefully shaped) TravelFlash --
   cyberguys.com has it for $30.  Size of a cassette tape (a what? :-)
   and does CF, SD, and MMC; they all just appear as scsi devices under
   linux -- almost works in the 2.2.19 backport, but not quite -- works
   *fine* in any 2.4.x I tried it with, though.  (The shell includes a
   little stub of USB cable, which works nicely for plugging into a
   laptop *without* having another cable to attach to it, and it fits in
   a pocket better.)

Darn!  I wish I'd found that before I bought my Zio...
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002