Hal DeVore writes:
> >     Additionally, having to install a large PDB or ebook directly onto
> > external storage is a very attractive option for me,
>
> Dunno if there are Linux drivers for such things but most media
> formats have external readers that plug into USB.  I use a ZiO
> SmartMedia reader on Windoze to load up large docs for my
> Visor's MemPlug SmartMedia adapter.  The ZiO cost me < $30 (US).

The Zio SM reader only works as read-only on linux, but the MemoryStick
reader built into my Vaio laptop works fine (read-write) as usb-storage.
I'm fairly sure there are other USB and/or PCMCIA Memory Stick readers
that will work, so it's a question of whether the filesystem on the
Clie is something that Linux can recognize (like VFAT).

        ...Akkana