bpa wrote:
> No - I was hoping BBC might announce a new API when shutting the old
> ones down but you can see BBC have removed a lot of that functionality
> from their web pages - no more A-Z of programs and have no internal use
> for the old APIs. They are embracing "responsive" web stuff which does
> nothing for me.

The biggest loss for me from Extras is the 30 day Listen Again window,
we're down to 7 days now on the official feed which is rather paltry.
Are they deliberately trying to drive users away from third party
internet radios and players to get people to use Apps or the BBC web
site? Because it certainly feels like it.

I've started recording BBC radio programmes on my Freeview PVR again, a
7 day catchup window just isn't enough for me. This unfortunately means
poorer sound quality compared to the 320kbps AAC iPlayer feeds.

And I also miss the A-Z of programmes. I don't care when The Early Music
Show was broadcast, I just know that's what I want to play so A-Z is
easier to find it.