"We could do some DNA tests on her," she suggested keeping her gaze on his.
"That would tell you for sure."
When he asked her to watch Alyssa she smiled at him, "of course I will.
We'll be fine, go see what's up."
DNA testing on a little girl. It wasn't like Nick could punch her like he
had........ Derek stopped that thought and turned to leave the kitchen.
He'd ask Julia what would be the best way to do a DNA test on her without
having to put her under any kind of additional stress. Maybe hair and
didn't little girls like their hair brushed or something?
"I'll be back in a little bit. I'm going to go talk to my friend," he said
to Alyssa before he left "to see how he's doing with finding your mother."
He nodded once at Dominic before leaving, taking the stairs two at a time
until he reached the Control Room and waited for the laser to identify his
retinal pattern.
"What da hell am I going to do?" he whispered to himself before entering a
second later, looking at the screen and the information scrolling there.
"Any luck?" he asked Philip.
<Cuz is at work so asked me to post this for him>
Philip looked up and nodded at the birth certificate he had found....... and
the name of the father listed.
Derek nodded with neutral expression "Alex touched on dat when she
remembered a picture from a family album... any leads on where the mother
is?"
Philip looked at him and accepted the answer readily enough before typing
again. He knew who would have questions and doubts about it and would leave
it to him "Nay fer the last four days. Her travelin' stopped suddenly and
withou' anoth'r <geeesh how does he do this irish stuff!?> trace. Bank
accounts, credit cards, cell phone.. all're withou' bein' used."
Derek grimaced and rubbed the bridge of his nose.
"I'm still lookin though." Philip offered as a kind of apology.
Derek just nodded and turned to leave "I'm going to go check on Julia and
Nick.. do you know where they are?"
"I believe Nick said somethin' abou' talkin te Jimmy."
Derek blinked. Who the hell was Jimmy?
He was about to ask Philip when he spotted Julia's old bedroom door opened
and suspected he had just found out where the two were.
"If you find anything," he said before leaving "Let me know."