> "No it's not," Alex said lowering her voice.  "Hang on a minute."  She
made
> certain the girl was as comfortable as possible and left the room.  Once
in
> the hall she spoke again.  "Derek, I don't know what happened.  One minute
> she was fine and the next she was sick.  She says her head hurts and she
> feels a little feverish, but I could be wrong about that part.  It just
came
> on out of the blue."
>
> Derek frowned "I'm on my way."
>
> He hung up the phone and looked at Sloan "We'll have to finish this later.
> I have to get back."
>
> With that he put the phone back into his jacket pocket and left, dark eyes
> filled with concern and expression somber.
>
Alex hung up the phone and went over to the window, keeping an eye out for
Derek.  This was beginning to worry her.  Perhaps they should call Rachel
back.  She felt so responsible.  If the child was sick, she shouldn't have
had her outside running around all afternoon.

When she spotted Derek, she slipped out of the room and hurried downstairs
meeting him in the foyer.  "She's got her eyes closed, I don't think she's
sleeping, but that would probably help.  I gave her some Tylenol."

Alex

Reply via email to