Hey there,

Shane...
>Ack!
>
>Dolly Parton and Don Williams are the subject of derision in the
>United Kingdom?!

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Dolly and Don are the subject of
derision in the United _States_.

When I was working outside Manchester in 91 and 92 I did notice, both in
print, on TV and in real life groups of working to middle class folks who
got way into US country music as well a the whole cowboy and rodeo thing.
>From what I've been reading on this list for the past few years it sounds
like this was no passing fad.

I always thought it was kind of an odd hobby to have in the UK - more odd
due to the cowboy side than the music side. Very few doggies in Cheshire.

Later...
CK
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]