In a message dated 1/18/99 4:51:09 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< How could the same
 person who's trying to get gigs at certain clubs also write objectively about
 other gigs at that club? Worth considering.  >>

When I lived in Atlanta I wrote music columns for Creative Loafing (still do)
and my band the Convicts played at a number of clubs. My deal with the editor
was to only write about out of town bands, and to keep my dual identities
separate. The only thing that I was ever concerned about was the connection I
had with the Star Bar, which was the place where most of the alt. country
bands play. I had a talk with the booker, and she was comfortable with the
double role. We did not play there any more than other bands, and she was able
to say "no" to me without repercussions. Of course, Atlanta is a much more
musician-friendly place than LA.

Slim np - Wynonna's Chevy commercial - ACK!!!