>My thinking is that Gavin should take advantage of the widespread disgust
>and disillusionment with country radio (which truly is the root of all evil

Tell it brother!  The declining numbers for country radio should be the
writing on the wall but it seems as if everyone with any power has blinders
on. And they damn sure don't listen to anyone who has a finger on the pulse
of the listening audience

>- Nashville makes records according to the perceived tastes of programmers)
>by scrapping the folky reporting stations, renaming the chart "Alternative
>Country" and positioning the whole thing similarly to the way Alternative
>Rock was positioned in opposition to AOR ten years ago.

Or how about just calling it Real Country and let Gnashville get their
knickers in a knot. Who gives a rats ass?  Your idea on positioning is a
bonafide one and no matter what it's called it must use the term country to
make it easily identifiable to the "forgotten listeners",

>How will this help sell records?  First, changing the name from the hazy
>"Americana" to something with the word "country" in it will clearly define
>the whole raison d'etre of the format as an actual alternative to the dreck
>on country radio,
.  A clearly defined format can be more easily marketed to
>disaffected country fans.
BINGO!

NOW ONLINE,   www.TwangCast.com  TM  RealCountry netcast 24 X 7
Please Visit Then let us know what you think!

Mike Hays www.MikeHays.RealCountry.net
For the best country artist web hosting, www.RealCountry.net