JP writes:
     >2) I'm not talking about Son Volt et al.  I'm talking about
     converting teenagers already into  country from crapola to good
     country <etc> Kind of like Dwight, Clint, Randy and Steve saved
     country from Kenny Rogers in 1986 (of course Garth ruined all that.)
     From tired, cliched country to another, richer style that will also
     bring new fans to the genre. Like Nirvana converted Motley Crue and
     >Poison fans to punk ...

     ok, but how many teenagers are there who are into any kinda country?
     anyone know? does Garth have a teenaged audience? did Dwight & Randy?

     i'm genuinely curious.

     verbose this aft,
     carl w.