Pine State tried this one. Not really Zombie or Manson but certainly
psychotic. More like Doo Rag on lots of speed with violent tendencies.

I don't know why anyone thinks there needs to be a Nirvana for this type of
music (whatever that is) or that something is about to or should "break". As
Jeff Wall and others have pointed out there tends to be a cyclical visible
period of interest in roots music about every 10 or 15 years. Some periods
(Southern Rock and The Eagles) were more commerically successful than say,
the period that brought us Scruffy the Cat, The Blasters, Jason & the
Scorchers et al. There has been (and will continue to be) great music all
along, chart buster or no.

I predicted about 4 years ago that glam would come back in full force- it
looks like it's gathering steam. The more things change....

Nicholas