In a message dated 1/19/99 1:17:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, music@cold-
spring.com writes:

<< Of course, what we really need is our own Nirvana.  After hearing a bit of
 their new recordings and considering their slight but important impact at
 mainstream country with  "California Angel" I'm thinking maybe The
 Derailers are the right horse on which to bet. >>

Jeez, I wouldn't wish that type of pressure on any band. Besides, I don't
think one can even find good enough odds to place a bet on such a thing.
Nirvana was a total freak of nature, a lot of talent and timing came into
play, but none of it, I don't believe was ever forecasted. It just happened.
Period. (With the aid of some big label marketing bucks, of course).

NW