On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ...But really, do I care if Jay Farrar never sells 1,000,000 copies of
> anything? As long as he can make a living in this silly business,
> I suspect he'll be reasonably content and will continue making music.
>
>                                  Kip

You know, working on the fringes of the environmental industry as I do,
the term 'sustainable development' comes up a lot. Makes me think
of 'Americana' as perhaps a sustainable form of music - just enough
popularity and acclaim to let artists make a living without having to buy
the farm or sell the soul?

I could go on, but it's late....

--
 Geff King * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www2.ari.net/gking/
 "The United States will collapse by 1980."