Jon Weisberger noted:

> Bill also noted that they were asking $17 for The Family, which isn't on
> Rounder, but on Ceili.

Right, which made me a little curiouser, though it's all business of course.

> On the larger question, so to speak, bluegrassers not infrequently are
> willing to pay top dollar at the record table for stuff they could easily
> buy for less at retail in order to 1) feel better about shaking and howdying
> with the artist (they may worry about the artist feeling it's a waste of
> time when they're not buying), and 2) support the artist by buying directly.
> Even at $15 it's usually a couple of bucks over the lowest available
> price...

So a markup to $17 isn't uncommon? Hmm.And I was ready and willing to give $15,
but I was taken aback at $17.
I guess that $15's where the old "indifference curve" flattens out for me.

And now that I've shown my cheap-ass, I'll be sure to buy something when they
return for the River Valley Bluegrass Festival on May 7th. <g>

b.s.