Jon Weisberger wrote:

> >> Even at $15 it's usually a
> >> couple of bucks over the lowest available price...
> >
> > So a markup to $17 isn't uncommon? Hmm.And I was ready and
> > willing to give $15, but I was taken aback at $17.
> > I guess that $15's where the old "indifference curve" flattens out for me.
>
> Everyone's curve flattens out at a different place, I guess, and of course,
> some folks (like, f'r instance, me) will sometimes buy at retail even when
> there's no price differential in order to have an impact there.  Anyhow, $17
> has been uncommon, at least at festivals, although we're heading into a new
> season, and maybe it will soon be the norm.

The problem's been that the record simply hasn't been available at any local
retail outlets, and I think KC's still a top-30 market. Record-store-guy Jack
Copeland blames the distributor. Still, if the country's foremost bluegrass band
can't get their record in the stores, that swag table becomes a lot more
important, which I gather is the norm for other bluegrass acts. Now *that's* a
damn shame- why'd I think this might be an exception?

b.s.