> At 08:13 AM 4/11/1999 Mike Hays wrote:
> >> b.s.
> >> n.p. Marty Brown WILD KENTUCKY SKIES
> >Weird, I had a listener call and request Marty Friday morning.  In
> >particular, anything from that CD.
>
> It's funny, because I've looked for that record for ages and couldn't find
> it, used even. Wasting time before I spent my afternoon mowing yards
> yesterday (don't you love Spring?<g>) I was at a local drug/discount store
> and found a "new" shrinkwrapped copy for $4.99. One of those happy
> record-geek moments.
>
> Marty's great. I know from sad experience that his last one, HERE'S TO THE
> HONKY-TONKS, was not up to his high standard...

One of those counter-conventional wisdom sorts of things, as that was made
for a roots-oriented indie, while his earlier, generally better albums were
made for MCA, several with Tony "Schizo" Brown producing/co-producing.

Don't I recall having seen that he had some fairly recent law type troubles?

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/