Noel Jones put forth on 12/8/2010 9:22 PM:
> On 12/8/2010 7:07 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>
>> While discussing restrictions in main.cf only, and specifically order
>> processing, it would actually be better if you pasted main.cf snippets
>> instead of postconf -n snippets, contrary to the list guidelines.
>

> Nonsense.  Always use "postconf -n" except for those few on-the-fly or
> ad-hoc parameters that don't show up in postconf output.

Hi Noel,

I was pretty clear in stating this should be done in this case only, for
Paul.  I wasn't making the case for everyone to do this.  Paul had
already given postconf -n snippets.  From that point forward, if he were
to give us the main.cf, we could easily mark it up with changes for him
to make.  If we were to mark up his postconf -n snippets and give them
back, I'm thinking he'd have trouble easily integrating the changes.

Paul is a beginner, pretty green with *nix, DNS, SMTP, and Postfix and
Dovecot specifically.  I've worked with him pretty extensively on
getting his system setup.  We met on the Debian list many many months
ago.  I directed him to the Postfix list.  I think it would be better
for Paul if we used main.cf format generally, and postconf -n output
when necessary.

I'm just trying to make it easier for us to help Paul help himself.

--
Stan