Hello Esteban,

[...]
> Don’t worry Ferran, I was using the authors 100 vs 700 as an example,
> but it is the same case for other fields where you want to do
> aggregations like this one.  About the indicators, don’t worry either
> we take good care of them, if needed, you can make the distinction
> between 1001_ and 100__ (I don’t know if this is even correct, it is
> just an example).

the problem is more general in Invenio.  You can take Marc21 and use a
subset of it.  Or just use a subset of the tags.  Or interpret more
strictly, more loosely, use more local tags or subfields.  Marc21 is
like a legal code (or a programming language, if you feel more
confortable with), where there is flexibility.

CERN may use a subset of Marc21 where most of the indicators are __.
Ok, that's CERNs library decission.  But if the Invenio developers claim
that Invenio supports Marc21, you *must* allow other indicators there,
and consider it valid.  For example, take a quick look to the authors
tag documentation:

 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd100.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd700.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd110.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd710.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd111.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd711.html
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd720.html

So, the easiest solution accept any indicator in any tag.  I may be some
exception somewhere in some tag, but accepting any indicator is *much*
better than only accepting __.

The more Invenio codebase grows, the bigger the problem is.

Thanks,

Ferran