On 27.03.2014 15:38, Esteban Gabancho wrote:
Hey guys!

I have a question about the aggregation of several fields into one.

Taking the example of the authors, lets say I have two fields `_first_author`
and `_additional_authors` and I want to aggregate then into `authors`.
The common case, and the easiest, is when I have one `_first_author` and cero
or more `_additional_authors`, in which case I just put a list with the authors
(what else right? :-)
The problem, or the question, comes when I don’t have a `_first_author` in
which case I’m not sure about the content of the `authors` field, it could be
i) only the list of `_additional_authors` or ii) `None` follow by the the list
of `_additional_authors`.

I think the second solution is the closest one to reality, the `None` express
that the record doesn’t have a first author. And I also think that we could
apply this solution for other cases where we have this kind of situation (like
with the `110__` and `710__`).

In Zenodo i'm just interested in the list of authors, and the first in the list is by definition the first author. The first author/additional authors are somehow an artifact of having to store in MARC as master format. I'm not sure what we would be the most appropriate solution.

Cheers,
Lars

What do you think?
Lars, as you have already pu in production, how do you deal with this problem?

Cheers,
--
Esteban J. G. Gabancho

--
Lars Holm Nielsen
CERN, IT Department, Collaboration & Information Services