On 11/28/05, Kelvin Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think that I've never *ever* seen a commercial CDG that scrolls.
> >
> > Ever.
> >
> > KBS will create them, and I should have that in a week or two.  But I
> > wouldn't worry *too* much about it.
>
> I've got one from "Doctor Music", that I used for testing the scrolling
> code. Can't recall if I've seen it on any others though.
>
> Kelvin.

How "expensive" is it just to start from byte 0 of the CDG
instructions and run every command in order internally up to the
current seek time, then blit the result?

I had been assuming that scaling/drawing the output itself is what
took time, and that on the internal drawing surface it was nearly
instantaneous and painless. Am I just nuts? :)

Either way, I would think that going back to the last memory preset
would do the trick; doesn't that clear out *everything,* not just the
visible area?

--
Looking for something to read? Visit http://willfe.com/ ... it's easy,
safe, and fun for the whole family!