Alan Brown wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Wayne Heming wrote:

It then returns an error to the sender saying that a mailbox is full and it
will retry sending for 4 days.

To the best of my recollection the default is 5 days.

sendmail then sends the message to all addressees and continues to do so
until it is successfully delivered to all addressees.

I have never seen this behavior in any of my sendmails. I think it is safe to say this is a red herring.

Uh..... That should NEVER happen.

Sendmail keeps track of sucessful and unsucessful deliveries. If you're
seeing this behaviour then something is really badly broken.