I will keep this just to make sure I am not going crazy

I have been reading RDA and I am now in chapter 6 and while it is supposed
to be very logical, I don't understands why the composition of preferred
entries for librettos comes after their construction as variant entries to
operas, etc.

It is not clear to me why we can't combine choosing elements and
constructing elements in part of RDA instead of splitting them.

--
Gene Fieg
Cataloger/Serials Librarian