*> IMHO i think a smooth as possible blender upload would benefit the
entire *
*> content production and bring the community of blender artists with their
great works on board. *

I completely agree.

This is not all about the "SL" people (who are stuck in the "mindset" of
Second Life).  We need to get beyond the mindset of those "stuck" in Second
Life mentality, and instead this needs to be viewed as look at all the
Blender artists (and other non-SL artists that do 3D graphic design) and
giving them an opportunity to take their creative work, and import it
directly into OpenSim + ModRex.  (Without having any "SL" experience at
all).

I believe the best thing we can possibly do is create better content
creation tools for artists, and make it as EASY as possible to bring good
content in.  There is absolutely no reason to REQUIRE a persistent "always
on" Sync with the server (and content should be able to be created offline,
that's the whole point of using blender, and then simply uploaded with a
quick touch of the "SYNC" button).  Although it might not be a bad idea to
have a "toggle on/toggle off" sync button that could be left on (with a
persistent sync to the server) for those that just really enjoy burning up
bandwidth (or for those working/collaborating with others in real-time).
 But please make sure that persistent internet connectivity is not a
requirement, because mobile users (such as myself) would really prefer to
design things whenever/wherever and not have to have a persistent internet
connection to a server.  I would prefer to develop locally (offline), and
then simply just "sync" (import/export) the finished creation to a server
when I'm at a place with a high bandwidth internet connection.