Thanks Toni for bringing the light back into the scene and me back on track
:-)

The question that now came up is the following and any hints are highly
appreciated:

Is it possible to have a grid accessible for public access via CB for
everyone, but just give the region owners the right to create things in
their corresponding region at the same time ? I could see a case where a
school would like to keep some persistent public accesible basic
installations and at the same time assign to each teacher their own
classroom (region), where the teacher could be able to customize it and
asign his/her students to access the place? As well as giving the students
some rights to create their own things?

Another idea just crossed my mind, concerning the backup and restore of the
regions and i dont know if that would be a technical sound approach. If the
regions could be stored each into its own database instead of having all
regions on a server in the opensim db, then it might be easy to make a
complete independent and scheduled backup/restore of the regions with all
the meshes via the db, instead of creating some oar's and some workaround to
keep the meshes.

But im affraid that this procedure might break away too far of the opensim
build,even if i personaly think, that this would benefit the opensimulator
scene as well.

Anyhow - keep up the great work - realxtend realy rocks :-)