thank you all guys for these useful responses.
so, I see that sympy and sympycore and pynac are coming from different
people.
But I assume that you have a very wide view of the actual situation,
and this is a real added value! I mean, getting to know pros and cons
of each technology is something that comes only from experience, and I
would be really thankful (like many others, I am sure) if you could
share us this!
as I told, the symbench wiki page was really useful to me, because it
has shown the differences in terms of performances and stability and
confidence of the different symbolic packages.

Trying to summarize, what I'd like to know (for example in the case of
symbolic, but that's pretty general) like a normal user is:
- which is the package with the brightest future (in terms of chance
to be actively developed)
- where is each package doing is best?
- where is each package failing in doing its job?

thank you very much

PS: I still can't find any piece of information about pynac, is there
anything on the web?

Maurizio