Dave,

On Sep 10, 6:48 pm, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir...@onetel.net>
wrote:
> On 09/10/10 07:36 AM, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>
> > So yes, it seems that g95 can be dropped this way, but this is a
> > considerable amount of work.
>
> Dima,
>
> I would not waste any time on this - the gains do not warrant much work.
indeed.

> > The amount of work would decrease if we drop MacOSX 10.4 from the list
> > of supported OSes...
>
> It would not IMHO be a good idea to drop a platform over something as simple
> as
> this. I do believe there however no point in having g95 code in ATLAS as we
> don't even install ATLAS on OS X.

But, as I said, gfortran integrated with Xcode's gcc is available at
http://r.research.att.com/tools/#gcc42, so there is really
no point in having g95 in Sage at all!

My interest in this comes from the necessity to deal with it in
CVXOPT, which should supply g95-specific setup (if g95 is kept).

Dima