On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Francois Bissey
<francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> I have abstained from the thread but read quite a bit of it and I think
> that the idea there are really two issues is correct.
>
> I have been thinking for a while but abstained because there is a lot of
> stuff already on the thread and we are at a stage where the signal/noise
> is quite low. So anyway since now I started:
>
> We should have a statement of intent on the kind of community we want to
> be. This is not a code of conduct this is the aspirations we have as a
> community.

We wrote something like this in 2006 [1]:

"Both the Sage development model and the technology in Sage itself are
distinguished by an extremely strong emphasis on openness, community,
cooperation, and collaboration: we are building the car, not
reinventing the wheel."

[1] http://www.sagemath.org/doc/tutorial/

--
William Stein