Precisely.

Which kind of rule would you see in a code of conduct that would make
messages like those you cited (not all were pointing at you, by the way)
illegal ?

Additionally, I really do not believe that it qualifies as "people
insulting each other".

Nathann

P.S.: for those who never read those messages: the one about "a punch below
the belt" was Dima's answer to my message above.