First, thanks to everyone for helping out and exploring.

> Interestingly, Dana's worksheet has a "cells/-1" directory---none of my
> other worksheets in my small collection on my local notebook have a
> cells/-1 directory.

This wasn't anything I did on purpose.

> Dana: What exactly do you mean by the order was all messed up?

Here is a general description of what was "messed up."

1.  Some Sage cells and some HTML blocks disappeared.

2.  Some HTML blocks were duplicated, but often not in contiguous
chunks.  For example, the top half of one HTML block was appended to
existing HTML blocks.  Also, these duplicates were scattered around
the worksheet with no obvious pattern.  I don't think any Sage cells
were duplicated.

3.  A few "chunks" of contiguous HTML blocks followed by Sage cells
were moved to the wrong spot in the worksheet.  For example, I had an
HTML block discussing primes followed by 2 Sage cells with code
involving primes.  Originally, these three items were almost at the
bottom of the worksheet.  Then in almost each iteration of me trying
to fix things, these three items would move together to the middle of
the worksheet somewhere.  I don't think they always moved to the same
spot.

4.  There was at least one instance where two HTML blocks that were
separated by at least one Sage cell were merged into one HTML block
and the Sage cells between disappeared.

5.  There was at least one instance each where the contents of an HTML
block and a Sage cell reverted back to a previously saved version.  I
don't think these two items were next to each other.

Other potentially useful information:

6.  When I saved the worksheet, none of the Sage cells were evaluated.

7.  On at least two occasions when I was writing the original version
(before I knew anything was amiss), an HTML block switched to a Sage
cell when I clicked "Save changes."  In all instances, the raw HTML
was visible in the cell.  Each time this happened, I deleted the
offending cell and started over.

> I notice that the sentence "Warning:  You should avoid using e as a
> variable for obvious reasons." appears in three places in the worksheet.

Yep, that's an example of an HTML block being duplicated.

>   First, as duplicated text in the same text cell (so two times there)
> and second as a paragraph down at the bottom.  What was there
> originally?  Is the problem that the text was duplicated inside of the
> same TinyMCE cell, or did that text cell at the bottom appear as well?

The sentence "Warning:  You should avoid using e as a variable for
obvious reasons." should have occurred once as the first sentence in
an HTML block followed by brief list of tips to keep in mind.

> Following the second occurrence of the "Warning" text above, it appears
> that the gcd computation should have followed the next text cell (which
> talks about gcd computation), rather than preceding it.  Was that
> another reordering (i.e., a text cell A, then a computation cell B, got
> reordered to be B, then A).

Yes, you got the idea.

> Are there any other specific things that you saw happening?  Any details
> would help us track this down.

Do you want me to look at the version I sent you and spell out exactly
what is screwed up?

Dana