On Friday 09 Sep 2011 10:51:47 pm Kragen Javier Sitaker wrote:
> 200% is a pretty stiff markup.  Maybe it's better quality than the Sears
> generator?  Or maybe some government agency thinks it's more important to
> foster the local generator industry than for people to be able to run a
> refrigerator during power outages, so they've imposed a 200% import tariff?

LOL

Frankly I can't recall exactly whether it was US $ 400 or $200 (in Rupees). It
may have been 200. But it certainly is robust and reliable.

The most typical usage was in small shops and businesses during peak shopping
hour power cuts. The entire shoping area would be brightly lit and smoky from
small generators such as this one and the drone of dozens of generators  was
intolerable. In some narrow street you could also get yourself a healthy dose
of Carbon Monoxide and Dioxide from multiple generator exhausts.

In the "developed West" I was taught that this could rapidly lead to coma and
death - but it never seemed to happen to the shop owners and assistants. But
for me it was a toss up between holding my breath and building up CO2 alone,
or breathing to build up CO. Maybe there is a sweet zone betwen "brain dead"
and fully dead and the shopkeepers were there in that zone. I could never stay
long enough to investigate.

shiv