> pulmonary fibrosis Histoplasmosis and birds

During a chest exam, a doctor looked at some scar tissue
on my xray and asked if I was from the midwest.
I told him  that I grew up in Indiana.
He went on to tell me that most people in the midwest,
including his mother, had similar conditions and told me
it was histoplasmosis. (I wrote down the name)
His mother was xrayed and the picture showed cloudiness
in both lungs. They treated her for lung cancer before
discovering it was histoplasmosis.
He said it's from chicken & bird manure spores in the air
and breathed in by mid-westerners.

Smitty