Since when is histoplasmosis not a problem?

Working around poultry can give you plenty of lung diseases, too. Their poop has mold that can cause lung diseases, just ask about Parrot fever- when it is found in poultry, they have to kill the whole flock, it is so bad for people.

It seems reasonable to assume it is infectious in origin, at least as a working hypothesis. then there are a couple of ways to approach it- support the body with supplements, like mentioned by others, and kill of the infection, by whatever means, nebulizing CS, or whatever.

just my 2 cents,  Kathryn