    *From:* Dave <mailto:ddar...@centurytel.net>
    *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:53 PM
    *Subject:* Re: CS>Lung trouble

      I don't buy the the age aspect as I am almost that old and I
    took care of a very similar breathing problem.
    In 1980 when Mt Saint Helens blew it's top I was up there to help
    in rescue. I worked all day in the dust without any dust mask. My
    lungs felt heavy for years but I didn't have any breathing
    troubles at that time as well as being an auto Mechanic with
    breathing a lot of asbestos from brake work so you see abuse wise
    I've been there and done that except for smoking which I have
    never done.
      I ride a bicycle for exercise and there is a hill on my route
    that I would get so out of wind I would get dizzy when riding up
    it almost to the point of falling off the bike. I was also out of
    breath tying my shoes and when going to the bathroom in the middle
    of the night  I would breath so hard from the exertion that when I
    got back into bed I thought it would waken my wife.

      At that point I started taking vitamin C and l-Lysine at 6 grams
    a day each. On the third day I rode over the hill and didn't
    notice it was there as far as breathing was concerned. The other
    breathing problems stopped also. At the same time I took a course
    of CMO followed by Glucosamine  Chondroiten  and MSM to rebuild my
    joints which made it so I didn't have to hold my breath with
    exertion and exacerbate the breathing problem. I didn't have to
    groan when arising from my chair or getting up from the floor when
    working on a car.
      No intelligence here just my experiences.
    Dave

    marmar...@bellsouth.net wrote:

    I thought I'd canvas the intelligent people on this group for
    some ideas to help my husband.  He has trouble breathing, and
    doctors don't seem to be able to help him.  The breathing
    difficulty occurs with any exertion at all, and also when he
    bends over as in to tie a shoelace.  He's had x-rays of his
    lungs, and the doctors have told him that he has Histoplasmosis
    -- but that that is not causing his breathing difficulty.  The
    doctors (pulmonologists) said that basically what's wrong with
    his lungs is that they're 75 years old.  I know a lot of 75-year
    old people who have no trouble breathing, so that doesn't cut it
    with me.  They prescribed inhalation products for him, but they
    did not help.  Some background:  he was a firefighter for thirty
    years, he was a very heavy smoker for at least as long (but
    hasn't smoked in twenty-five years), and most recently he ran two
    poultry growing houses for thirteen years.  So his lungs! have h
    ad plenty of abuse. He is otherwise a healthy and strong
    individual, about ten lbs. overweight with a bit of a paunch but
    not a lot.  If his lungs aren't diseased, except for the
Histoplasmosis, then what is causing the breathing difficulties? If anyone has any ideas to share, we'd be grateful. Oh -- one
    other thing -- his father died from emphysema.  I don't know if
    that disease is genetic or not, or if it predisposes him to lung
    trouble.  But he's not been diagnosed with emphysema -- or least
no one has told us so. TIA. MA